Carmichael Hill & Associates, Inc. (CH&A), an independent financial planning and asset management firm, is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of its clients. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence. These records include all personal information that we collect from you in connection with any of the services provided by CH&A. We have never disclosed information to non-affiliated third parties and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If we were to consider such a change in firm policy, we would be prohibited under the law from disclosing information without advising you first. We use health and financial information that you provide to us to help you develop your plan and meet your personal financial goals. At the same time we guard against any real or perceived infringements of your rights of privacy. Our policy with respect to personal information about you is listed below.
- We limit employee access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to non-affiliated parties as permitted by law. (For example, federal regulations permit us to share a limited amount of information about you with a brokerage firm in order to execute security transactions on your behalf, or so that our firm can discuss your financial situation with your accountant or lawyer.)
- We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that we collect from a client depend upon the scope of the client engagement. It will include information about your personal finances, your health to the extent that it is needed for the planning process, transactions between you and third parties, and data provided by consumer reporting agencies.
- For unaffiliated third parties that require access to your personal information, including financial service companies, consultants and auditors, we also require strict confidentially in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and state regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
- We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained during the time you are a client and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws as is consistent with the CFP Board Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. After the required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 301.217.9300 or toll-free at 800.591.3075. You may also contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.